I just realized that the lack of acceptance for asexuals is literally the most pointless thing.
Like, you can’t handle the thought of two dudes kissing? Okay you’re dumb and terrible whatever.
But you can’t handle the idea… Of someone… Not kissing anyone? What are you worried about? They’re gonna eat too much mac n cheese?? Draw too many dinosaurs??? Tell me
if you hold an empty gatorade bottle up to your ear you can hear the sports
This perfectly summarizes why I love the Simpsons and hate Family Guy.
I watched that episode with my family and I could just feel how uncomfortable everyone was. Honestly, it was a really jarring, unpleasant episode.
Homer is a terrible dad. So is Peter. But Homer’s saving grace has always been that he tries—he’s bad at it and he fucks it up a lot, but he loves his family and he wants to be better than he is.
One of my favorite Homer moments is in “Diatribe of a Mad Housewife.” Tl;dr Marge writes a steamy romance novel starring herself and Ned, and when Homer finds out, he chases down Ned and, rather than attack him, asks him to teach him how to be a better husband.
There’s some part of his stupid self that wants to do better.
I never got that impression with Peter. Instead, the family has gotten more and more abusive towards Meg. It’s really unsettling for me when I started realizing that’s what happens sometimes in abusive families. Abusers sometimes single out one child to abuse, and quite often the other family members take the abuser’s side. After all, it’s easier to side with an abuser than to run the risk of becoming the target yourself.
There’s never really a point where it seems like Peter cares at all that his shitty behavior impacts his family. It actually seems to have gotten worse over the years. He expects everyone to clean up his messes because that’s always what happens; there’s really no reason for him not to be shitty.
And it’s easy to see how Meg is affected. She doesn’t have much of a character, really, because so much her screen time is devoted to being abused. The bits of character development all seem to hinge on her being this sad, neglected person who’s trying her best but never really gets any help from anyone. Quite the opposite; there have been a lot of episodes where her family sabotages any attempts to be herself.
It can be easy to forget how awful this behavior is when the only context is the show itself (frankly, everyone on Family Guy is kind of terrible). Seeing it played against the Simpsons, who are a flawed and dysfunctional but ultimately loving family, was painful to watch.
What she really means
So i was speaking to my sister and she told me to draw a reverse centaur and this is what i pictured but i don’t think she pictured this
the difference between sam pepper and shane dawson
- posted this ^^^ video giving a sincere apology
- hes deleted his videos of him doing blackface
- hes admitted he was being ignorant and that he should not have done his blackface videos
- hes admitted hes in the wrong
- hes done his research on the history of blackface (he did not previously know the history of blackface) and has agreed its fucked up
- hes explained the reasoning why he did blackface, and why it was not meant to be malicious and he just didn’t know anything about the subject matter, but agrees it is wrong and he shouldn’t have done it
- hes read posts/tweets of people calling him out and is using them to inform himself of what he is doing wrong so he can learn from his mistakes
- HE HAS ADMITTED HES MADE MISTAKES AND IS MAKING CHANGES TO LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKES
- hes apologized to specific twitter users that he knows have been offended by his videos
- hes stated all the people calling him ‘racist’ he deserves because of his blackface videos, even though he defends the fact he’s not racist and he genuinely sorry
sam pepper has:
- threatened people that called him out on his bullshit
- been a complete asshole
- defended his actions
- has not apologized
aka: sam pepper is an ass but shane dawson is doing his best and is trying to become a better person and move away from the bad shit he’s done in the past, including blackface
dont support sam pepper but don’t drag shane down too bc for real hes honestly trying his hardest to learn from his mistakes and become a better person and move away from the offencive shit hes done bc he knows its fucked up and wrong
This is single handedly the best fucking pun joke I’ve ever seen on this damn website.